Tips for Removing Tape-in Hair Extensions
- Use adhesive remover specially made for tape-in extensions.
- If it’s an emergency and you need to remove the extensions but don’t have adhesive remover use a natural oil, such as coconut oil, olive oil, baby oil, almond oil, etc. Stay away from oils with chemical bases.
- Don’t have access to natural oil products? You can try using peanut butter. Leave the peanut butter on your hair for 30 minutes to allow the natural peanut oils to penetrate the adhesive.
- For adhesive or oil-resistant extensions, wash your hair and then apply conditioner. Don’t rinse it out right away. Instead, wrap your head in a towel and leave conditioner on for at least 20 minutes.
- Once you get the extensions loosened, gently comb them out of your hair to prevent them from getting tangled in your hair.
- Never pull out your tape-in extensions without using approved adhesive remover or the oil method. If you have trouble getting the extensions out using these methods, visit a salon for professional help.